Guide to Remove Flight Booking E-mail Virus –
Flight Booking E-mail Virus is the recent threat to the computer users around the world. This nasty virus is currently being used by the cyber-criminals to distribute the infamous Agent Tesla Malware on the internet. Spam E-mail Campaigns are the best used propagation medium used by Flight Booking E-mail Virus virus to spread its infection.
Cyber-criminals behind this spiteful virus infection are using spam e-mails containing malicious executable files at a massive scale to spread malevolent programs like flight booking email virus. A mere click on the attached malicious files leads to the download & installation of the aforementioned email virus without the user’s consent.
Other spam campaigns that are currently spreading variety of malicious content on the internet are KNAPP EQUIPMENT Email Virus, Transfast Email Virus and Managing Director Email Virus.
These spam e-mails are typically marked as “important”, “official” or “starred”, depending on the e-mail design terminology. This way, the hackers swindle the innocent computer users.
Therefore, computer users are suggested to avoid clicking on the suspicious e-mails to prevent flight booking e-mail virus from infecting the system.
||Flight Booking E-mail Virus
||It can make your system sluggish & deteriorate system’s performance & startup.
||It can record & gather sensitive information such as logins & password of banking & social networking sites.
||Download Removal Tool
Threat Behavior of Flight Booking E-mail Virus –
The Flight Booking E-mail Virus is a vicious spam campaign that infects the systems via malicious e-mails attachments. Cyber-criminals associated with this email virus send out massive number of spam emails containing malicious files.
The e-mail claims to be a fight ticket confirmation from MDW (Midway International Airport) for 17th September. It contains all the fight & transaction details.
The e-mail also contains an archive that contains an executable file for the infamous Malware, Agent Tesla. One click on the infected attachment leads to the installation of this devious malware on the targeted system. This malign file hijacks you system & allows automatic operations on it, making it exposed to other threats.
Once infected, the virus grants the hackers remote access to the targeted system. This virus is capable of recording the keystrokes (the data entered/typed with keyboard) with a technique known as “key-logging”.
Using this technique, the cyber-criminals can gather personal/sensitive information of the users such as logins, usernames & passwords for various banking, e-mails & other vulnerable accounts.
Here’s a list of the information that Flight Booking E-mail Spam Virus is capable of recording & tracking:
- Login Credentials to social networking sites/accounts
- Credit card & banking information
- List of contacts in your e-mail & social media accounts
- Technical information of your system such as IP address, OS Version, browser & version.
The hackers can use gathered/stolen personal information to gain illicit access to your accounts; hence it can lead to severe privacy issues, financial losses & identity theft.
In addition to that, the cyber-criminals can send malicious links to the contact list of the hijacked e-mail accounts; hence it leads to a wide-spread propagation of infection.
In case you suspect Agent Tesla Malware or a similar malware is present on your system, we strongly recommend you to remove all the suspected programs by using a reliable antivirus.
Distribution Techniques of Flight Booking E-mail Virus –
The cyber-criminals use various strategies for Flight Booking E-mail Virus distribution which include –
- Software Bundling: Software bundling is the process in which a malicious program is distributed with other free software, to get an unnoticed entry into your computer system. When a user installs a free application, the malicious programs gains a front door entry with the free application, the user has downloaded. Thus, it is a good idea to keep an eye on the installation screens while installing these free applications.
- Infected Storage Devices: Your system can also get infected by using removable media such as USB hard drives and jump drives without scanning them with an anti-virus.
- Spam Emails – Spamming is the most economic and common method used for the distribution of such malware. The targeted users get genuine looking emails which contain .doc, .txt, and other similar attachments. These attachments can be named as anything which can grab the user’s attention and triggers him/her to open the attachment. As soon as the user opens this attachment, the malware infects the user’s computer system.
- Malicious Websites or Malevolent Advertisements: The malicious websites are the ones which are created just for promoting the malware infections. Such websites include but are not limited to porn sites, torrent sites and other free downloading platforms. By visiting such websites, the adware infects the user’s computer without permission. Fake advertisements and updates like Flash player and windows updates which ask the user to update to the latest version are a few examples. When the users click on such links, their computer system gets infected. That is why, it is highly recommended to resist clicking on such links. Also avoid clicking on advertisements offering free stuff such as Win an iPhones, cars or free overseas trips etc.
Download Vipre Malware Remover
How to remove Flight Booking E-mail Virus infection from the system-
STEP A- Start your system to Safe Mode with Networking
To restart the system to Safe Mode with Networking, if already switched ON then follow the below steps:
Windows 7/ Vista/ XP
- Click on Windows icon present in the lower left corner of the computer screen.
- Select and click Restart.
- When the screen goes blank, Keep tapping F8 Key until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- With the help of arrow keys on keyboard, Select Safe Mode with Networking option from the list and press the Enter Key. The system will then restart to Safe Mode with Networking.
5 Once the system restarts, click on the username and enter the password (if any) to log in.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
STEP B: Remove the malicious program from Control Panel
Note: Before we begin, try to remember how the extension got downloaded on your computer system. Generally, these programs come bundled with free applications that we download off the internet. It is a good practice to locate and uninstall such programs while removing the Browser Hijacker/ Extensions.
STEP C: Remove Flight Booking E-mail Virus from Task Manager
- Launch the Task Manager Window by pressing Ctrl+ Shift+ Escape simultaneously. (The task manager window may vary depending on the OS ) OR bring the mouse cursor on the Task Bar (which is present at the bottom of the computer screen), right click on the empty space and click on Task Manager.
Task Manager window for Windows 10
Task Manager window for Windows 7
2 Right Click on the Suspicious File and select Open file Location.
3 In the File Location Screen that appears, Right click on the File and click on Delete, to delete the File permanently from the location.
- Open Task Manager window again by following the steps mentioned above.
- Click on the Startup tab.
- Select the suspicious entry and click on the Disable button present at the bottom right corner of the window
- Open Task Manager window again by following the steps mentioned above.
- Click on Services tab.
- Right click on the suspicious entry and click on Stop.
STEP D: Delete the suspicious file from registry key
- Press Windows Button and R key simultaneously to initiate the “Run Box”.
- Type “Regedit” in Run Box, select it and press Enter.
- An authorization dialog box will appear, then you just have to click “Yes”. (The dialog box appearance may vary depending on OS used. For Windows 10 the the dialog box looks like the first screenshot and for windows 7 it appears like the second screenshot)
- In the registry editor, take the backup of the current registry settings before making any changes in case you want to revert to old settings later. For this, Click on File option in the menu and select Export. Save the entry at a known location.
- From the Menu, Click Edit and Select Find.
- Enter Flight Booking E-mail Virus and click OK in the search box.
- Select and delete suspicious enteries.
How to prevent Flight Booking E-mail Virus from infecting your system-
- Keeping the Operating System Updated- In order to remain protected and avoid such infections, it is recommended to keep your Operating System updated by enabling the automatic update on your system. The systems with outdated or older versions of Operating System become an easy target for the attackers.
- Resist clicking on spam emails – One of the major techniques used for malware distribution is forwarding spam emails to the user. The system gets infected as soon as the user clicks on the attachment. These mails appear to be genuine, so be aware and resist falling for these tricks.
- Keep an eye on third party installations- It is quite important that you take due care while installing any third party applications for they are major source of such infections. Such malware programs come bundled with the free applications thereby requiring the user to remain cautious.
- Regular periodical backup- In order to keep your data and files safe, it is recommended to take regular back up of all your data and files either on an external drive or cloud.
- Use Anti-Virus Protection- We strongly recommend the use of antivirus protection/internet security in your PC like Vipre and BULL GUARD so that it remains safe.
- Enable the Ad Blocker/Popup Blocker in your browser- Enabling the popup blocker/ ad blocker in your chosen browser will help you to stay protected from annoying adware.