What is MatchPop Trojan?
MatchPop Trojan is the latest precarious & destructive virus that secretly intrudes in your system & causes repulsive computer infection. It invades your machine through bundled freeware programs, spam e-mails, fake software updates, torrent sites, malicious websites & infected USB drives.
Following the successful invasion of your system, this notorious & infectious virus makes your system extremely sluggish, hence deteriorates your daily web-browsing experience. Instant access to your files & data could be an arduous task as the virus would make your system respond to the commands at a snail’s pace.
In addition to that, the virus will render security programs & antivirus of the system inoperative. Matchpop Trojan can steal your sensitive information like IP address, contact details, e-mail address, banking information & use it to generate illicit revenue.
The virus may invite many other hazardous threats on to the system & is capable to infect all the variants of windows PC smoothly. It is evident that the presence of Matchpop Trojan in your system can be menacing to your privacy & data security. Hence, immediate deletion of this malicious virus is recommended.
Continue to read to learn how to delete Matchpop Trojan from your system.
The horrendous MatchPop Trojan threat can effortlessly take an advantage of network security glitches & loopholes and invade system stealthily. This intense notorious threat can also exhibit viruses on the compromised machine by linking it to the remote server.
The MatchPop Trojan virus can by default connect to the remote server & load other malevolent threats & spyware on your computer system.
This threat can further delete important software files & decelerate your system performance.
Several symptoms that will be observed if this virus has intruded into your system are:
This Trojan may delete your important data without your consent.
It may corrupt all important system files & applications.
It can secretly load other harmful spyware on your system.
It allows access to hackers to infect the system remotely.
It may disable firewall & anti-malware protection from your computer.
Distribution Techniques of MatchPop Trojan
The cybercriminals use various strategies for malware distribution which include –
- Software Bundling: Software bundling is the process in which a malicious program is distributed with other free software, to get an unnoticed entry into your computer system. When a user installs a free application, the malicious programs gains a front door entry with the free application, the user has downloaded. Thus, it is a good idea to keep an eye on the installation screens while installing these free applications.
- Infected Storage Devices: Your system can also get infected by using removable media such as USB hard drives and jump drives without scanning them with an anti-virus.
- Spam Emails – Spamming is the most economic and common method used for the distribution of such malware. The targeted users get genuine looking emails which contain .doc, .txt, and other similar attachments. These attachments can be named as anything which can grab the user’s attention and triggers him/her to open the attachment. As soon as the user opens this attachment, the malware infects the user’s computer system.
- Malicious Websites or Malevolent Advertisements: The malicious websites are the ones which are created just for promoting the malware infections. Such websites include but are not limited to porn sites, torrent sites and other free downloading platforms. By visiting such websites, the adware infects the user’s computer without permission. Fake advertisements and updates like Flash player and windows updates which ask the user to update to the latest version are a few examples. When the users click on such links, their computer system gets infected. That is why, it is highly recommended to resist clicking on such links. Also avoid clicking on advertisements offering free stuff such as Win an iPhones, cars or free overseas trips etc.
- Name: MatchPop
- Browsers Affected: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer etc
- Targeted Operating System: Windows, MAC,
- Category: Trojan
- Symptoms: Restrict Instant access to files by making system sluggish, it deteriorates your daily web browsing experience.
Steps to Remove MatchPop Trojan from the system.
STEP A: Reboot your system to safe mode with networking
To restart the system to Safe Mode with Networking, if already switched ON then follow the below steps:
STEP B: Remove the malicious file from System Configuration Settings
- Type “Msconfig” in search box / Run Box, select it and press Enter.
- Click on “Services” Tab and click on “Hide all Microsoft services”.
- Select MatchPop Trojan from the list of remaining services and disable it by removing the tick mark from the checkbox and click on Apply button.
Windows 7/ Vista/ XP
- Click on the next tab – “Startup”.
- Find any blank or suspicious entry or the entry with MatchPop Trojan mentioned and remove the check mark.
- Click on Apply button and then click on OK.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Click on the next tab – “Startup”.
- Take the mouse cursor to ‘Open task Manager‘ link and click on it. This opens the Task Manager window.
- Find any blank or suspicious entry or the entry with MatchPop Trojan mentioned and click on it.
- Then click on Disable button.
STEP C: Delete the suspicious file from the Registry key
- Type “Regedit” in search box / Run Box, select it and press Enter.
- An authorization dialog box will appear, then you just have to click “Yes”. (The dialog box appearance may vary depending on OS used. For Windows 10 the the dialog box looks like the first screenshot and for windows 7 it appears like the second screenshot)
- In the registry editor, take the backup of the current registry settings before making any changes in case you want to revert to old settings later. For this, Click on File option in the menu and select Export. Save the entry at a known location.
- From the Menu, Click Edit and Select Find.
- Enter MatchPop Trojan and click Ok in the search box.
- Select and delete suspicious enteries.
Tips to prevent MatchPop Trojan from infecting your system
- Keeping the Operating System Updated- In order to remain protected and avoid such infections, it is recommended to keep your Operating System updated by enabling the automatic update on your system. The systems with outdated or older versions of Operating System become an easy target for the attackers.
- Resist clicking on spam emails – One of the major techniques used for malware distribution is forwarding spam emails to the user. The system gets infected as soon as the user clicks on the attachment. These mails appear to be genuine, so be aware and resist falling for these tricks.
- Keep an eye on third party installations- It is quite important that you take due care while installing any third party applications for they are major source of such infections. Such malware programs come bundled with the free applications thereby requiring the user to remain cautious.
- Regular periodical backup- In order to keep your data and files safe, it is recommended to take regular back up of all your data and files either on an external drive or cloud.
- Use Anti-Virus Protection- We strongly recommend the use of antivirus protection/internet security in your PC like BULL GUARD and Hitman pro so that it remains safe.
- Enable the Ad Blocker/Popup Blocker in your browser- Enabling the popup blocker/ ad blocker in your chosen browser will help you to stay protected from annoying adware.