Guide To Remove Myquickconverter Browser Redirect
While the computer users are combating with devious search engines that are rendering infuriating browser modifications, another menacing browser hijacker seems to be spreading its wings. This treacherous search engine invades the system stealthily by marching in with other free software that users download from the internet.
The irony is that the users are totally unaware of its installation until it replaces the default homepage & search engine for their browser to https://search.myquickconverter.com.
Impacted users are looking for ways to uninstall search.myquickconverter.com from their system. In case your default home-page has been replaced by search.myquickconverter, refer our My quick converter redirect virus removal guide given below.
What is search.myquickconverter?
Search.myquickconverter is a misleading search engine that sneaks in bundled with other free applications or programs. Sadly, many free programs do not notify the download of other software along with it.
Users will find that search.myquickconverter browser hijacker has been installed without their knowledge.
Upon installation, this browser redirect will alter default browser settings & replaces the home page with its own malicious page- https://search.myquickconverter.com.
Common Symptoms of search.myquickconverter being installed in your system include:
- Modifications of default Internet browser Settings to search.myquickconverter.com or myquickconverter.com.
- Users face difficulty in accessing other search providers from the home page.
- Searches are redirected to suspicious websites.
- The screen is bombarded with exasperating online ads & pop-ups.
- It modifies the “new tab” functionality as it continuously launches the modified search page.
- Web browsing Experience is deteriorated by continuous redirections & presence of excessive online ads.
In case you are observing such changes in your browser, there are positives that the browser has fallen victim to My quick converter Browser Hijacker. We recommend you to remove search.myquickconverter from your system immediately. Use My quick converter removal guide.
Threat Behavior of Myquickconverter
Search.myquickconverter browser hijacker has been identified as a malign Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) that usually propagates bundled with My Quick Converter Program. The program enables the users to quickly convert their files to PDF & Doc.
This malicious PUP may also enter the system bundled with freeware or other free applications available on the internet. Following the accidental download, it gets installed in the system stealthily resulting in Windows Registry Modification, browser shortcuts & other undesired changes.
The hijacker greatly impacts popular browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox. Surprisingly, modifications made by this browser redirect could not be reversed until the browser hijacker is deleted.
Other Threats Posed by My Quick Converter
- Changes default browser settings & replace the default home page to myquickconverter.com.
- All the searches are redirected to dubious websites.
- Every attempt to reverse the browser modifications goes in vain as the settings are restored with each system restart.
- The hijacker steers the “new tab” functionality & launches the modified search page only.
- Diminishes web browsing activity by displaying intrusive online ads & pop-ups.
- Ads can swindle innocent users into buying certain questionable products & software.
- A mere accidental click on these ads could lead users to malicious sites or pages.
- My Quick Converter keeps a track of your browsing history, search queries & activity on the network.
- It collects personal information of the user including e-mail address & IP address and transmits it to the third parties.
It is evident that the presence of Search.myquickconverter.com is a menace to your privacy; therefore it is advised to always pay attention while installing free software.
UI of Search.myquickconverter
At first glance, Search.myquickconverter.com may appear like an ordinary search engine like Yahoo or Bing, credible & safe to use. The main feature provided on this website is the quick conversion of PDF & Word Doc files.
It also provides quick access to Flipkart, Amazon, Daily Deals, Audible.com, News, Gmail, Facebook and Yahoo.
Being a part of the Yahoo Affiliate program, the browser hijacker exaggerates its attempts of imposing advertisements.
According to the privacy policies of this unscrupulous application, it collects-
- Personal Information: This includes information that identifies the user such as first & last name, e-mail address, IP Address, physical address, contact number & billing information.
- Non-personal Information: This includes technical information of the system like:
- Device Information: Hardware Model, Operating System Version
- Log Information: Search Queries, Type of Browser, System activity, Browser Language, Hardware Settings, Date & Time of request, referral URL, Geographic Location, the Domain name of ISP, the source of traffic acquisition & Date of Traffic acquisition.
The motive behind collecting this information as mentioned in the Privacy Policies-
- Advertising companies collect information for advertising purposes & placing ads.
- Transfer personal information to third parties for sale, merger or other transfer of assets.
- Share data with service providers who process data & provide services to My Quick Converter.
How did search.myquickconverter invade My System?
The cybercriminals use various strategies for malware distribution which include –
- Software Bundling: Software bundling is the process in which a malicious program is distributed with other free software, to get an unnoticed entry into your computer system. When a user installs a free application, the malicious programs gain a front door entry with the free application, the user has downloaded. Thus, it is a good idea to keep an eye on the installation screens while installing these free applications.
- Infected Storage Devices: Your system can also get infected by using removable media such as USB hard drives and jump drives without scanning them with an anti-virus.
- Spam Emails – Spamming is the most economical and common method used for the distribution of such malware. The targeted users get genuine-looking emails which contain .doc, .txt, and other similar attachments. These attachments can be named as anything which can grab the user’s attention and triggers him/her to open the attachment. As soon as the user opens this attachment, the malware infects the user’s computer system.
- Malicious Websites or Malevolent Advertisements: The malicious websites are the ones which are created just for promoting the malware infections. Such websites include but are not limited to porn sites, torrent sites and other free downloading platforms. By visiting such websites, the adware infects the user’s computer without permission. Fake advertisements and updates like Flash player and windows updates which ask the user to update to the latest version are a few examples. When the users click on such links, their computer system gets infected. That is why, it is highly recommended to resist clicking on such links. Also avoid clicking on advertisements offering free stuff such as Win an iPhones, cars or free overseas trips etc.
Browsers Affected: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox
Targeted Operating System: Windows
Category: Browser Redirector/Hijacker
- Default homepage, new tab and search engine are replaced by https://search.myquickconverter.com
- The appearance of exasperating sponsored ads and pop-ups on the screen
- Searches are redirected to dubious websites & misleading pages.
Remove My Quick Converter from Your System
STEP A: Remove the malicious program from Control Panel
STEP B: Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Left click on the Organize button on the Windows Explorer. A drop down menu will appear.
- On this menu left click on the option that reads “Folder and search options” as shown above. A folder options dialogue box will appear.
- On the View tab under the Advanced settings, Check the option that reads “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” and uncheck the option that reads “Hide protected operating system files“.
- Click on the “OK” button to save your changes. This will make all the hidden files and folders visible to you.
Windows 8 and 10
- On the file explorer toolbar, click on the View
- In the Show/hide section, Click on the “Hidden items” checkbox.
- Click on the options button.
- Under folder options, click on the “View” tab.
- Uncheck the “Hide protected operating system files” option.
- Click the “OK” button to save your changes.
Step C: Remove search.myquickconverter from System Configurations settings
- Type “Msconfig” in search box / Run Box, select it and press Enter.
- Click on “Services” Tab and click on “Hide all Microsoft services”.
- Select search.myquickconverter from the list of remaining services and disable it by removing the tick mark from the checkbox and click on Apply button.
- Click on the next tab – “Startup”.
- Find any blank or suspicious entry or the entry with search.myquickconverter mentioned and remove the check mark.
- Click on Apply button and then click on OK.
- Click on the next tab – “Startup”.
- Take the mouse cursor to ‘Open task Manager‘ link and click on it. This opens the Task Manager window.
- Find any blank or suspicious entry or the entry with search.myquickconverter mentioned and click on it.
- Then click on Disable button.
STEP D: Delete the suspicious file from the Registry Key
- Type “Regedit” in search box / Run Box, select it and press Enter.
- An authorization dialog box will appear, then you just have to click “Yes”. (The dialog box appearance may vary depending on OS used. For Windows 10 the the dialog box looks like the first screenshot and for windows 7 it appears like the second screenshot)
- In the registry editor, take the backup of the current registry settings before making any changes in case you want to revert to old settings later. For this, Click on File option in the menu and select Export. Save the entry at a known location.
- From the Menu, Click Edit and Select Find.
- Enter search.myquickconverter and click Ok in the search box.
- Select and delete suspicious entries.
Tips to prevent My quick converter from infecting your system
- Keeping the Operating System Updated- In order to remain protected and avoid such infections, it is recommended to keep your Operating System updated by enabling the automatic update on your system. The systems with outdated or older versions of Operating System become an easy target for the attackers.
- Resist clicking on spam emails – One of the major techniques used for malware distribution is forwarding spam emails to the user. The system gets infected as soon as the user clicks on the attachment. These emails appear to be genuine, so be aware and resist falling for these tricks.
- Keep an eye on third-party installations- It is quite important that you take due care while installing any third party applications for they are the major source of such infections. Such malware programs come bundled with the free applications thereby requiring the user to remain cautious.
- Regular periodical backup- In order to keep your data and files safe, it is recommended to take regular back up of all your data and files either on an external drive or cloud.
- Use Anti-Virus Protection- We strongly recommend the use of antivirus protection/internet security in your PC like Bull Guard and Hitman Pro so that it remains safe.
- Enable the Ad Blocker/Popup Blocker in your browser- Enabling the popup blocker/ ad blocker in your chosen browser will help you to stay protected from annoying adware.