How to remove ProjectBabyName Browser Hijacker?
Projectbabyname is a malicious extension that is considered to be a browser hijacker. The extension is distributed to be useful to lure users and claims to enhance user browsing experience.
However, projectbabyname.com is a malicious domain that is known to keep an eye on online browsing habits of the user and collect their confidential information like banking details.
Projectbabyname is potentially unwanted software that sneaks in the system without user consent and modifies web browser’s settings to siege the user’s browser with intrusive ads and suspicious pop- ups.
The malware replaces the configured settings of the browser with its own. For instance, Projectbabyname replaces the existing homepage, new tab and search engine of the web browser with int.search.myway.com and hp.myway.com. This degrades user online surfing experience as they are directed to web pages as per malware preference. The web page content is known to be fake and misleading.
Other system threats posed by ProjectBabyName Browser Hijacker
Projectbabyname is monetized software designed by cyber criminals to earn revenue by deceiving users.
- The malware infiltration propels user to browse suspicious web pages that makes the PC susceptible to other system errors and bugs. This makes system vulnerable to other malware invasion.
- The malware invades system registries to launch the infection automatically when system is booted.
- Projectbabyname infestation bombards the browser screen with tons of annoying ads and intrusive pop- ups that may be misleading.
- It may lead to unsolicited download of freeware on user system, compromising system storage that renders it sluggish.
- The nasty system infection monitors user online activities and browsing cookies and analyzes the collected data to display engaging ads to catch user attention.
How is Projectbabyname Browser Hijacker infiltrated?
Projectbabyname Browser Hijacker invades the system using several online channels such as free software sharing websites, spam email attachments, Malevolent Advertisements. Mounting infected storage devices may also lead to this malware infiltration in the system.
Projectbabyname Browser Hijacker may distribute its payload file on social media and file sharing services. Freeware found on web can be portrayed as helpful but they may include malicious script for the Malware.
The cybercriminals use various strategies for malware distribution which include –
- Software Bundling: Software bundling is the process in which a malicious program is distributed with other free software, to get an unnoticed entry into your computer system. When a user installs a free application, the malicious programs gains a front door entry with the free application, the user has downloaded. Thus, it is a good idea to keep an eye on the installation screens while installing these free applications.
- Infected Storage Devices: Your system can also get infected by using removable media such as USB hard drives and jump drives without scanning them with an anti-virus.
- Spam Emails – Spamming is the most economic and common method used for the distribution of such malware. The targeted users get genuine looking emails which contain .doc, .txt, and other similar attachments. These attachments can be named as anything which can grab the user’s attention and triggers him/her to open the attachment. As soon as the user opens this attachment, the malware infects the user’s computer system.
- Malicious Websites or Malevolent Advertisements: The malicious websites are the ones which are created just for promoting the malware infections. Such websites include but are not limited to porn sites, torrent sites and other free downloading platforms. By visiting such websites, the adware infects the user’s computer without permission. Fake advertisements and updates like Flash player and windows updates which ask the user to update to the latest version are a few examples. When the users click on such links, their computer system gets infected. That is why, it is highly recommended to resist clicking on such links. Also avoid clicking on advertisements offering free stuff such as Win and i Phones, cars or free overseas trips etc.
Prevent malware invasion in the system by:
- Scan the downloaded files with security tools
- Refrain from opening the downloaded files immediately,
- Inspect the file size and signatures for any suspicious files
Browsers Affected: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox
Targeted Operating System: Windows
Category: Browser Hijacker
Symptoms: Customized browser settings, registry Modification, unnatural network activities, occasional sluggishness of the infected device
Appearance of annoying ads, download links, pop-ups that may redirect users to another malicious web page and interrupt their browsing activity
How to remove Projectbabyname Browser Hijacker from the system?
Note: Before we begin, try to remember how the extension got downloaded on your computer system. Generally, these programs come bundled with free applications that we download off the internet. It is a good practice to locate and uninstall such programs while removing the Browser Hijacker/ Extensions.
Tips to prevent your computer system from getting infected –
- Keeping the Operating System Updated- In order to remain protected and avoid such infections, it is recommended to keep your Operating System updated by enabling the automatic update on your system. The systems with outdated or older versions of Operating System become an easy target for the attackers.
- Resist clicking on spam emails – One of the major techniques used for malware distribution is forwarding spam emails to the user. The system gets infected as soon as the user clicks on the attachment. These mails appear to be genuine, so be aware and resist falling for these tricks.
- Keep an eye on third party installations- It is quite important that you take due care while installing any third party applications for they are major source of such infections. Such malware programs come bundled with the free applications thereby requiring the user to remain cautious.
- Regular periodical backup- In order to keep your data and files safe, it is recommended to take regular back up of all your data and files either on an external drive or cloud.
- Use Anti-Virus Protection- We strongly recommend the use of antivirus protection/internet security in your PC like Vipre and BULL GUARD so that it remains safe.
- Enable the Ad Blocker/Popup Blocker in your browser- Enabling the popup blocker/ ad blocker in your chosen browser will help you to stay protected from annoying adware.