What is Qone8 Browser Hijacker
Qone8 Browser Hijacker, the latest menacing feather in malware group, targets settings of popular web browsers globally! The irony is – The users are totally unaware of its intentions! The Consequences – You guessed it right! Annoying Pop-ups, Alien home page, Garbled search engine, you name it and your system will suffer from it!
The proposition of Qone8.com Browser redirect is to lure innocent victims to navigate via planned trafficking sites to earn revenue for their creators! Though, the users are harmed by this practice, targeted websites are obliged by high traffic and Ad sense! Imagine you want to search for the local favorite restaurant and end up getting results of food joints located at thousands of miles away! The Ugly truth – Your system has a browser hijacker installed that is fiddling with your searches and showing everything that is unnecessary!
And this is just the beginning! These suspicious intruders through your browsing history & accumulate data such as your mostly viewed/visited websites, key strokes and search queries.
The presence of this malignant Qone8.com virus in your system should not be entertained, therefore, we highly recommend browsing the reputable search engines, such as Google & Yahoo.
Qone8 Browser Redirect-Threat Behavior
Qone8.com is an annoying Browser hijacker which is stubborn to be removed as it hooks itself into browsers such as Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome & modifies the default browser settings without a user’s consent. These browser hijackers are the online torch bearers for conventional crimes like fraud, spam, illegal gambling, data theft and above all, stealing you identity i.e., identity theft.
- Browser Modifications: The unpleasant Browser Hijacker builds defenseless target to other system viruses and breaches users’ privacy and security. The Occurrence of bothersome pop-up ads and download links during browsing sessions redirects the searches to http://www.qone8.com.
- Registry Modifications: Qone8 Browser Hijacker pioneers the infectious viruses as soon as the system is booted & seizes the users’ system and makes it rigid to invade into the recovery boot menu.
- Seizes Browser Screen with intrusive Ads & Pop-Ups: The Qone8 Browser Hijacker immanently navigates the user’s internet activities such as cookies and Browsing history. This Hijacker shares users’ private information to pirates which includes visited web pages, IP addresses and the time users spend on surfing the internet.
How is Qone8 browser hijacker distributed?
The cyber criminals use various strategies for malware distribution which include –
- Software Bundling: Software bundling is the process in which a malicious program is distributed with other free software, to get an unnoticed entry into your computer system. When a user installs a free application, the malicious programs gains a front door entry with the free application, the user has downloaded. Thus, it is a good idea to keep an eye on the installation screens while installing these free applications.
- Infected Storage Devices: Your system can also get infected by using removable media such as USB hard drives and jump drives without scanning them with an anti-virus.
- Spam Emails – Spamming is the most economic and common method used for the distribution of such malware. The targeted users get genuine looking emails which contain .doc, .txt, and other similar attachments. These attachments can be named as anything which can grab the user’s attention and triggers him/her to open the attachment. As soon as the user opens this attachment, the malware infects the user’s computer system.
- Malicious Websites or Malevolent Advertisements: The malicious websites are the ones which are created just for promoting the malware infections. Such websites include but are not limited to porn sites, torrent sites and other free downloading platforms. By visiting such websites, the adware infects the user’s computer without permission. Fake advertisements and updates like Flash player and windows updates which ask the user to update to the latest version are a few examples. When the users click on such links, their computer system gets infected. That is why, it is highly recommended to resist clicking on such links. Also avoid clicking on advertisements offering free stuff such as Win an iPhones, cars or free overseas trips etc.
Browsers Affected: Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer
Targeted Operating System: Windows
Category: Browser Hijacker/ Redirect
Symptoms: This nasty system infection alters default browser settings and replaces the home page, search engine and new tab page with its own malicious home page. The system will become sluggish. Interrupts web browsing by bombarding the screen with annoying adverts & pop-ups.
How to get rid of browser hijacker- Qone8.com
Step A: Remove malicious extensions from your browser
STEP B: Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Left click on the Organize button on the Windows Explorer. A drop down menu will appear.
- On this menu left click on the option that reads “Folder and search options” as shown above. A folder options dialogue box will appear.
- On the View tab under the Advanced settings, Check the option that reads “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” and uncheck the option that reads “Hide protected operating system files“.
- Click on the “OK” button to save your changes. This will make all the hidden files and folders visible to you.
Windows 8 and 10
STEP C: How to Reset Your Browser
Tips to prevent your computer system from getting infected-
- Keeping the Operating System Updated- In order to remain protected and avoid such infections, it is recommended to keep your Operating System updated by enabling the automatic update on your system. The systems with outdated or older versions of Operating System become an easy target for the attackers.
- Resist clicking on spam emails – One of the major techniques used for malware distribution is forwarding spam emails to the user. The system gets infected as soon as the user clicks on the attachment. These mails appear to be genuine, so be aware and resist falling for these tricks.
- Keep an eye on third party installations- It is quite important that you take due care while installing any third party applications for they are major source of such infections. Such malware programs come bundled with the free applications thereby requiring the user to remain cautious.
- Regular periodical backup- In order to keep your data and files safe, it is recommended to take regular back up of all your data and files either on an external drive or cloud.
- Use Anti-Virus Protection- We strongly recommend the use of antivirus protection/internet security in your PC like Sophos and BULL GUARD so that it remains safe.
- Enable the Ad Blocker/Popup Blocker in your browser- Enabling the popup blocker/ ad blocker in your chosen browser will help you to stay protected from annoying adware.