Guide to remove Mcplayz.com Pop-ups
Does your browsing activity get hampered due to sudden appearance of online toll-free videos and films Graphical User interface (GUI) window? Definitely your browser has fallen prey to Mcplayz.com pop-ups caused by nefarious ad generating malware intrusion in your system.
If you are apprehensive of the possible damage caused by the unforeseen nuisance online advertising display in the foreground of your visual interface, you need to take a quick action against the nasty adware infection installed in your system.
What is Mcplayz.com Pop-up?
Mcplayz.com pop-up is an online advertising window that offers internet users to watch stream videos.
In order to lure users to click on these malevolent pop-ups this ad generated software offers them to watch films or videos for free. For instance the malware program displays ads that offer:
- Unlimited and fast access to the popular movies and music- all the entertainment you could ever need and more.
- Dazzling HD videos on all latest devices that can be accessed from anyplace and enjoyed while performing any activity. This includes watching a movie while walking, listening to music while running.
- An extensive array of Movies ranging from classic favorites to hilarious comedies and spine-tingling terrors.
- Comprehensive library of music, across all the genres so that you’ll never be short of choice.
- The pop-up ads claim to deliver crystal-clear sounds to your ears 24/7 for all the occasions like party, chilling out, or workout etc.
- Fantastic choice of the best radio stations on the planet.
- Breaking news and debate with talk radio
The pop-up ads claim to offer all this in just one click post registration. Excited netizens get dazzled by these exciting proposals and click on these malicious pop-ups without realizing the detrimental aftereffects.
How are Mcplayz.com Pop-ups harmful?
The incessant display of Mcplayz.com pop-ups indicates that your system has fallen victim to malware program. These pop-ups attack the browser window without the possibility to eliminate or block them.
The inveigled invasion of this deceptive system infection lands the victim into array of negatives. These include:
- Render the system sluggish: Apart from flooding victim’s browser screen with suspicious ads and pop-ups, the pernicious adware program opens unnecessary web pages that run in the background without user knowledge. This rouge act consumes system memory and ruins system performance rendering it sluggish.
- Redirect to suspicious web pages: Click on the pop-up ads generated by this delinquent system infection may redirect users to suspicious web pages that run malicious script. This may make the victim’s computer susceptible to other system infections.
It is quite evident, that the presence of this potentially unwanted program, will no longer let you surf the web the way you used to.
Mcplayz.com Pop-ups – Spread Techniques
The cyber-criminals use various strategies for malware distribution which include –
- Software Bundling: Software bundling is the process in which a malicious program is distributed with other free software, to get an unnoticed entry into your computer system. When a user installs a free application, the malicious programs gains a front door entry with the free application, the user has downloaded. Thus, it is a good idea to keep an eye on the installation screens while installing these free applications.
- Infected Storage Devices: Your system can also get infected by using removable media such as USB hard drives and jump drives without scanning them with an anti-virus.
- Spam Emails – Spamming is the most economic and common method used for the distribution of such malware. The targeted users get genuine looking emails which contain .doc, .txt, and other similar attachments. These attachments can be named as anything which can grab the user’s attention and triggers him/her to open the attachment. As soon as the user opens this attachment, the malware infects the user’s computer system.
- Malicious Websites or Malevolent Advertisements: The malicious websites are the ones which are created just for promoting the malware infections. Such websites include but are not limited to porn sites, torrent sites and other free downloading platforms. By visiting such websites, the adware infects the user’s computer without permission. Fake advertisements and updates like Flash player and windows updates which ask the user to update to the latest version are a few examples. When the users click on such links, their computer system gets infected. That is why, it is highly recommended to resist clicking on such links. Also avoid clicking on advertisements offering free stuff such as Win an iPhones, cars or free overseas trips etc.
Browsers Affected: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox
Targeted Operating System: Windows
Symptoms: Appearance of annoying ads that offers internet users to watch stream videos, unnatural network activities, occasional sluggishness of the infected device.
How to Remove Mcplayz.com pop-ups from the Computer System?
Mcplayz.com alerts are the result of adware activity in the system. So, the only way to get rid of this havoc is to obliterate the root cause of its appearance.
STEP A: Remove malicious Program from Control Panel
- Click on the “Start” button on the bottom left corner of your screen. A Start menu will be displayed as shown below. From this menu select the option that reads “Control Panel”.
- In the window that will be displayed, click the option “Switch to classic view”.
- This will display all the options/icons available to you. From the displayed icons, click on the icon that reads “Add or Remove Programs”.
- Select the “Uninstall a program” option from the “Programs” category. A list will populate on the screen displaying all the programs.
- Select the programs related to Mcplayz.com pop-ups and click on the Uninstall button.
- Right click on the “Start” button located at the lower left corner of the screen. From the Start menu, click on “Control Panel”.
- The “Control Panel” Window will be displayed on the screen. Click on “Uninstall a Program” option from the “Programs” category.
- The “Programs and Features” window will be displayed on the screen. A list will populate on the screen displaying all the programs.
- Scroll though the list of programs and select the programs related to Mcplayz.com pop-ups and then click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Right click on the “Windows logo” on the lower left side of the computer screen. From the drop down menu, select and click on “Control Panel”.
- The “Control Panel” window will be displayed. From this window select “Uninstall a program” option form the “Programs” category.
- A list will populate on the screen displaying all the programs.
- Select the programs related to Mcplayz.com pop-ups and click on the “Uninstall” button.
- In the confirmation box, click on the box that reads “OK” to save changes.
STEP B: Reboot your system to Safe Mode with Networking
To restart the system to Safe Mode with Networking, if already switched ON then follow the below steps:
STEP C: Remove adware programs related to Mcplayz.com pop-ups from system configuration settings
- Type “Msconfig” in search box / Run Box, select it and press Enter.
- Click on “Services” Tab and click on “Hide all Microsoft services”.
- Select services related with Mcplayz.com pop-ups from the list of remaining services and disable it by removing the tick mark from the checkbox and click on Apply button.
- Click on the next tab – “Startup”.
- Find any blank or suspicious entry or the entry related with Mcplayz.com pop-ups mentioned and remove the check mark.
- Click on Apply button and then click on OK.
- Click on the next tab – “Startup”.
- Take the mouse cursor to ‘Open task Manager‘ link and click on it. This opens the Task Manager window.
- Find any blank or suspicious entry or the entry related with Mcplayz.com pop-ups mentioned and click on it.
- Then click on Disable button.
STEP D: Restore your System to an earlier date
Tips to prevent your computer system from getting infected –
- Keeping the Operating System Updated- In order to remain protected and avoid such infections, it is recommended to keep your Operating System updated by enabling the automatic update on your system. The systems with outdated or older versions of Operating System become an easy target for the attackers.
- Resist clicking on spam emails – One of the major techniques used for malware distribution is forwarding spam emails to the user. The system gets infected as soon as the user clicks on the attachment. These mails appear to be genuine, so be aware and resist falling for these tricks.
- Keep an eye on third party installations- It is quite important that you take due care while installing any third party applications for they are major source of such infections. Such malware programs come bundled with the free applications thereby requiring the user to remain cautious.
- Regular periodical backup- In order to keep your data and files safe, it is recommended to take regular back up of all your data and files either on an external drive or cloud.
- Use Anti-Virus Protection- We strongly recommend the use of antivirus protection/internet security in your PC like Kaspersky Labs Inc and Hitman pro so that it remains safe.
- Enable the Ad Blocker/Popup Blocker in your browser- Enabling the popup blocker/ ad blocker in your chosen browser will help you to stay protected from annoying adware.