Guide to Remove iRobinHood Adware
iRobinHood adware is a malicious program that accomplishes the devious act of extorting users of their hard earned money. The program is designed to convince users to visit a website or click on the ads or to make a purchase, and help raise funds for charity. However these claims are completely false and these false caring ads provide profit to the developers/owners of the program only.
Designed with the sole motive to earn money, these ads uses the Pay-Per-Click technique to generate revenue for the authors.
And That’s not all! The infestation of this adware program in the system poses a threat to user privacy and security as the sneaky virus has the ability to keep an eye on user browsing activity and collect the browsing details such as:
- IP Address
- Browsing History
- Book Marks
This information can be used to generate relevant ads based on user interest to lure them to click on it.
Also, the online banking transactions performed by the users are spied on to collect the login username and passwords and swindle users of their hard earned income.
Other threats posed by the malicious adware program that it dangerous
Though the reasons provided above are enough to prompt the instant removal of the nasty system infection from your PC, here is a list of few more threats posed by iRobinHood adware that will show that this pernicious adware program can bring only adverse consequences to your PC and browsers and hence demand removal ASAP.
- Modifies Browser settings: Once the malicious adware installs in the system, it immediately attaches its add-on and extensions to popular browsers like Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, internet Explorer that have the permission to access and change user browsing activity, history, bookmarks, homepage, search engine and more.
- Infects Master Boot record (MBR) and system registries: In order to evade detection by anti-virus scans and firewalls, the adware infects Master Boot record (MBR) and make system susceptible to other system infections. The nasty adware program invades system registries to allow its installation as soon as the system is booted and hence.
- Renders system sluggish: The pernicious adware program runs in the background and opens unnecessary web pages without user knowledge. This rouge act consumes system memory and ruins system performance rendering it sluggish.
- Infects system Files and folder: This nasty software program hijacks system files and folders without user knowledge and infects them.
iRobinHood Adware- Spread Techniques
The cybercriminals use various strategies for malware distribution which include –
- Software Bundling: Software bundling is the process in which a malicious program is distributed with other free software, to get an unnoticed entry into your computer system. When a user installs a free application, the malicious programs gains a front door entry with the free application, the user has downloaded. Thus, it is a good idea to keep an eye on the installation screens while installing these free applications.
- Infected Storage Devices: Your system can also get infected by using removable media such as USB hard drives and jump drives without scanning them with an anti-virus.
- Spam Emails – Spamming is the most economic and common method used for the distribution of such malware. The targeted users get genuine looking emails which contain .doc, .txt, and other similar attachments. These attachments can be named as anything which can grab the user’s attention and triggers him/her to open the attachment. As soon as the user opens this attachment, the malware infects the user’s computer system.
- Malicious Websites or Malevolent Advertisements: The malicious websites are the ones which are created just for promoting the malware infections. Such websites include but are not limited to porn sites, torrent sites and other free downloading platforms. By visiting such websites, the adware infects the user’s computer without permission. Fake advertisements and updates like Flash player and windows updates which ask the user to update to the latest version are a few examples. When the users click on such links, their computer system gets infected. That is why, it is highly recommended to resist clicking on such links. Also avoid clicking on advertisements offering free stuff such as Win and i Phones, cars or free overseas trips etc.
Browsers Affected: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox
Targeted Operating System: Windows
Symptoms: Appearance of sponsored ads and pop-ups that claim to raise funds for charity
Registry Modification, unnatural network activities, occasional sluggishness of the infected device, system files and folders infected.
Steps to remove iRobinHood Adware manually from windows and your Browser
Note: Before we begin, try to remember how the extension got downloaded on your computer system. Generally, these programs come bundled with free applications that we download off the internet. It is a good practice to locate and uninstall such programs while removing the Browser Hijacker/ Extensions.
Tips to prevent your computer system from getting infected –
- Keeping the Operating System Updated- In order to remain protected and avoid such infections, it is recommended to keep your Operating System updated by enabling the automatic update on your system. The systems with outdated or older versions of Operating System become an easy target for the attackers.
- Resist clicking on spam emails – One of the major techniques used for malware distribution is forwarding spam emails to the user. The system gets infected as soon as the user clicks on the attachment. These mails appear to be genuine, so be aware and resist falling for these tricks.
- Keep an eye on third party installations- It is quite important that you take due care while installing any third party applications for they are major source of such infections. Such malware programs come bundled with the free applications thereby requiring the user to remain cautious.
- Regular periodical backup- In order to keep your data and files safe, it is recommended to take regular back up of all your data and files either on an external drive or cloud.
- Use Anti-Virus Protection- We strongly recommend the use of antivirus protection/internet security in your PC like Avira and Hitman Pro so that it remains safe.
- Enable the Ad Blocker/Popup Blocker in your browser- Enabling the popup blocker/ ad blocker in your chosen browser will help you to stay protected from annoying adware.