Guide to Remove Bongacams.com Pop Up
Are you troubled with the unexpected behavior exhibited by your web-browser? Are you afraid that the spam ads have infected your browser and causing unexpected redirection every time you browse? Do these ads and obscene irrelevant web links make you feel uncomfortable while surfing publically?
Well, the credible source of these infuriating situations may be a devious Browser Hijacking program like bongacams.com pop up!
In case your browser has fallen into the trap of bonga cams pop up ads, refer to our detailed tips to remove bongacams.com ads.
What is Bongacams.com pop up
Bongacams.com pop up is a malicious program that creeps in your system bundled up with the content that you download online such as freeware, free software or applications. Once installed, it takes over your web-browser, alters default browser settings & replaces the home page without your knowledge. You will observe an alien home page- http://www.bongacams.com/ every time you open the web-browser.
In addition to that, it causes continuous redirection that will take you to unwanted & suspicious websites brimming with pop-up ads, adverts, banners & offers. It greatly hinders your web browsing activity & makes your computer sluggish.
This ad-supported software has been created with the sole motive of generating web traffic by causing redirection & displaying advertisements & pop-ups over the search results.
In case Bongacams.com pop up is installed in your system, you will observe following changes in your system:
- Additional browser extensions & modules will be installed.
- Modifications in Default Browser Settings & shortcuts without your consent.
- Default Home-page & search engine are replaced with http://www.bongacams.com/
- Searches are redirected to suspicious websites.
- Appearance of disturbing & Useless pop-up advertisements, banners & offers.
- You may get in-text ad links throughout the text of a website.
- Makes it arduous to bring back the changes made by adware.
- Unable to launch legitimate applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop.
- System may become sluggish accompanied with certain system errors & crashes.
- Frequent System Shut-downs may be observed.
Threat Behavior Bongacams.com pop up
Bongacams.com redirect has been regarded as adware that marches into your system when you download any content from unauthorized & corrupted websites & malicious pop-ups.
Sadly, many computer users are still unaware that the websites offering desired content for free may also trigger the download of malicious programs such as adware, spyware or browser hijacker.
Upon installation, this malign adware modifies browser settings without your consent & shows unnecessary ads & pop-ups over the search results. It has been created to deliver pornographic content & other adult services to the users who accidentally download it.
It further triggers continuous redirects to undesired web-pages & sites in order to increase web traffic & generate illicit revenue.
Bongacams.com pop ups are impacting Windows OS, iOS & Android devices as well. It is compatible with modern web-browsers like Chrome, Mozilla, IE & Edge.
The advertisements promote the download of censored content, explicit content, some web tools and other products so that these ad agencies can get paid in accordance with the clicks. In short, ‘Pay per click’ is the terminology given to this sort of revenue generation system.
Other Threats posed by Bongacams.com pop up
- Alters Internet browser’s home-page & search engine.
- Continuous Redirects become a part of your daily web browsing.
- Searches are redirected to malicious & infuriating websites & thus diminish the possibility of finding the required information.
- Every attempt to restore the default settings goes in vain as the modifications return with every system reboot.
- Injects malicious entries & codes in the Windows Registry box.
- Your system becomes sluggish. It may also observe repeated crashes.
- Injects advertisements in all the popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- This ad-supported software collects information such as search preferences, visited sites, download history, IP address, browser type, type OS, current location, contact details & banking details.
- The adware publishers can mint a colossal amount by collecting personal information & sending it to the unidentified third parties, which may further deliver more precised adverts & pop-ups.
- The adware can put your privacy & digital identity at a great risk as the hackers can easily access your online accounts, digital wallets & back accounts by using your collected information.
It is evident that the bongacams.com can cause undesirable changes to the browser & destroys your system. Therefore, it is advised not to entertain the presence of Bongacams.com in your system. Remove bongacams.com ads immediately from your system.
Bongacams.com – Distribution Techniques
The cyber-criminals use various strategies for malware distribution which include –
- Software Bundling: Software bundling is the process in which a malicious program is distributed with other free software, to get an unnoticed entry into your computer system. When a user installs a free application, the malicious programs gains a front door entry with the free application, the user has downloaded. Thus, it is a good idea to keep an eye on the installation screens while installing these free applications.
- Infected Storage Devices: Your system can also get infected by using removable media such as USB hard drives and jump drives without scanning them with an anti-virus.
- Spam Emails – Spamming is the most economic and common method used for the distribution of such malware. The targeted users get genuine looking emails which contain .doc, .txt, and other similar attachments. These attachments can be named as anything which can grab the user’s attention and triggers him/her to open the attachment. As soon as the user opens this attachment, the malware infects the user’s computer system.
- Malicious Websites or Malevolent Advertisements: The malicious websites are the ones which are created just for promoting the malware infections. Such websites include but are not limited to porn sites, torrent sites and other free downloading platforms. By visiting such websites, the adware infects the user’s computer without permission. Fake advertisements and updates like Flash player and windows updates which ask the user to update to the latest version are a few examples. When the users click on such links, their computer system gets infected. That is why, it is highly recommended to resist clicking on such links. Also avoid clicking on advertisements offering free stuff such as Win an iPhones, cars or free overseas trips etc.
Name: Bongacams.com pop up
Browsers Affected: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari
Targeted Operating System: Windows/ iOS
Category: Adware/ Browser Hijacker
Symptoms: Alien home-page, search engine & new tab page. Replaces default home-page with http://www.bongacams.com/. Appearance of adult content & other adult services. Maddening ads, pop-ups appear over the search results.
How to Remove Bongacams.com from Your System-
STEP A: Uninstall the malicious program from the Control Panel
- Click on the “Start” button on the bottom left corner of your screen. A Start menu will be displayed as shown below. From this menu select the option that reads “Control Panel”.
- In the window that will be displayed, click the option “Switch to classic view”.
- This will display all the options/icons available to you. From the displayed icons, click on the icon that reads “Add or Remove Programs”.
- Select the “Uninstall a program” option from the “Programs” category. A list will populate on the screen displaying all the programs.
- Select the programs related to Bongacams.com and click on the Uninstall button.
- Right click on the “Start” button located at the lower left corner of the screen. From the Start menu, click on “Control Panel”.
- The “Control Panel” Window will be displayed on the screen. Click on “Uninstall a Program” option from the “Programs” category.
- The “Programs and Features” window will be displayed on the screen. A list will populate on the screen displaying all the programs.
- Scroll though the list of programs and select the programs related to Bongacams.com and then click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Right click on the “Windows logo” on the lower left side of the computer screen. From the drop down menu, select and click on “Control Panel”.
- The “Control Panel” window will be displayed. From this window select “Uninstall a program” option form the “Programs” category.
- A list will populate on the screen displaying all the programs.
- Select the programs related to Bongacams.com and click on the “Uninstall” button.
- In the confirmation box, click on the box that reads “OK” to save changes.
STEP B: Reset your Browser to default settings
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on the three horizontal lines () which are at the top right corner of the computer screen.
- A Drop down menu will be displayed. On this menu click on the “Help” () button as shown in the image below. The Help menu will be displayed on the screen.
- From this menu click the option that reads “Troubleshooting information“. A new tab will open up with the <strong”>Troubleshooting information.
- On the Troubleshooting Information page, click on the button that reads “Refresh Firefox” as shown in the image below.
- The “Refresh Firefox” message box will pop up on the screen. On this message box click on the “Refresh Firefox” button.
- After this Firefox will close itself and a new window will be displayed which will list the information that is imported. Click on the option that reads “Finish” to complete the task.
- Open Google chrome and click on the three vertical dots ( ) which is at the top right corner of the computer screen. A drop down menu will appear on the screen. From this menu choose the option that reads “Settings”.
- The Chrome’s settings window will be displayed on the screen. On this screen scroll through the bottom of the page and click on the option that reads “Advanced option” as shown below.
- The Advanced setting options will be displayed on the screen. Scroll through the list of options till you find the “ Reset browser settings” section. Click on the icon as shown below.
- The reset dialogue box will pop up on the screen. From this dialogue box click on the button that reads “Reset”.
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon ( ) which is at the top right corner of the browser screen. A drop down menu will be displayed on the screen. From this drop down menu, click on the option that reads “Internet options”.
- The “Internet options” dialogue box will be displayed. Click on the “Advanced” tab. In the Advanced tab click on the button that reads “Reset” as shown in the image below. The “Reset Internet Explorer Settings” section will be displayed on the screen. Now click on the button that reads “Reset” .Precautions: In this dialogue box make sure to uncheck the “Delete Personal settings” option to save your passwords and other important data.
- When it’s done, click on the button that reads “Close” to complete the task. Now close and reopen your browser.
Tips to prevent Bongacams.com from infecting your system-
- Keeping the Operating System Updated- In order to remain protected and avoid such infections, it is recommended to keep your Operating System updated by enabling the automatic update on your system. The systems with outdated or older versions of Operating System become an easy target for the attackers.
- Resist clicking on spam emails – One of the major techniques used for malware distribution is forwarding spam emails to the user. The system gets infected as soon as the user clicks on the attachment. These mails appear to be genuine, so be aware and resist falling for these tricks.
- Keep an eye on third party installations- It is quite important that you take due care while installing any third party applications for they are major source of such infections. Such malware programs come bundled with the free applications thereby requiring the user to remain cautious.
- Regular periodical backup- In order to keep your data and files safe, it is recommended to take regular back up of all your data and files either on an external drive or cloud.
- Use Anti-Virus Protection- We strongly recommend the use of antivirus protection/internet security in your PC like 360 Total Security and Hitman Pro so that it remains safe.
- Enable the Ad Blocker/Popup Blocker in your browser- Enabling the popup blocker/ ad blocker in your chosen browser will help you to stay protected from annoying adware.